Sunday 5 June 2016

Winged visitors in my balcony

Some scorching days ago,
my thoughts had flown,

towards the upward sky,
and its winged inhabitants that fly,

from here to there,
and go about everywhere.

Long distances some cover,
above my campus some hover

For those who keep close to us
 I thought about thus

"How hungry they must feel!
finding food, is it an ordeal?"

I sprinkled some grains of rice
and thought the sparrows would find 'em nice.

Grains of grounded wheat would be better,
suggested a friend a few days later.

Sprinkling some grains, I had sworn,
without a miss every evening and morn.

A couple of days as passed by,
more frequently the travelers came from the sky.

Every morning while I would be asleep,
they would chirp and awake me from my slumber deep.

I would then get up to feed,
as much as they would need.

Gone away for work during the day,
I wouldn't know how many would have come my balcony's way

As I would return to my place,
I would be curious to check the case.

To my great delight, the grains would be gone
Would have to sprinkle some more thereupon.

Today as I stayed in the house throughout,
I got a chance to check them out.

Pigeons came and they pecked
and some water they necked.

Later joined some sparrows to eat
and drank some water to beat the heat.

I love my visitors who come daily
I would always feed them so gaily.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Random thoughts or deliberate messages from the universe?

 It's been a while. Almost two years! So much has happened in these two years. Or maybe not.  Let me begin with things of the last year....