Monday 6 June 2016

So after having heard so many times from friends, after having been asked by some others, been recommended by the rest and after having searched it online on all the wrong places, I finally managed to watch the movie "Queen". Well, I heard so many rave reviews about the movie which certainly raises the bar of expectations. But when it started to play, I told myself that "you know what it is about, you have heard it so many times, so do not expect something extraordinary and then get disappointed in the end". Well I cannot be disappointed at all. But I certainly do not jump on the wagon of zeal and enthusiasm that had been created by the movie when it had released. 

One of my friends (a guy), when he had watched the film, he somehow got reminded of me and had told me about it, maybe because I went to France for a 7 months trip as an English language Assistant, so definitely he saw the Paris connection. Secondly, he might have thought about my Couchsurfing experience which I did while I would travel in France. Well, that's another story. When I would travel in France, I would couchsurf with a friend at strangers' places , and whenever my parents would ask me, I would tell them that I was going to stay with friends.. Well this could have been quite a surprise for them , they must have found it bizarre for a girl whose friends were limited to one or two beyond her sisters, how would she manage to find friends in new cities? When I came back I told them about couchsurfing. It was about meeting nice and kind people offering their places to stay, any kind of help if required. It was like sharing a little part of their lives and they stay with you forever., 


As I have just finished watching it, I can understand how it would have struck a chord with every female in India (and the insistent recommendations from my female friends confirm it). Even my Supervisor had advised me to watch this film. The way Rani puts it in one sentence "This is not allowed in India" sums it up pretty much for so many girls out here. 

But Who is stopping you? There you go girls!! There I go too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Random thoughts or deliberate messages from the universe?

 It's been a while. Almost two years! So much has happened in these two years. Or maybe not.  Let me begin with things of the last year....