Tuesday 20 August 2013

I waited for you for a fortnight. Now you have come back . I don't like this hide and seek that you play. But I wonder if you were all the time with me, would I still have the same feelings for you. I know you would remain quite distant from me. This ,however, does not stop me to think about you.
The pleasure that I derive while basking in your company is incomparable. You make me smile when I feel low. Just a glimpse would cheer up my spirit. Such is your strength and such is your spell on me.

When I was young, I thought you followed me everywhere. I would wonder how do you find me where ever I go. But I never got annoyed for even a bit. I liked you as a kid and I like you still and this would remain forever.

I am not jealous while I know you have thousands and millions of admirers. I am sure they are not too. A glance at me and I know we have a special relationship that others might be having with you as well.
O Moon, unimaginable is my life without you!!!

4 comments:

  1. Spent a whole night with your cherished one on 16th. He was there the whole night. Not so bright as usual. But reminded me of your poems. I myself prefer it during the monsoons playing the game of hide and seek, or sailing like a ghostly galleon across the foggy winter night-sky, cheering souls after gloomy days without any sunshine. I envy you sometimes for the clarity with which you express yourself. I sometimes wish I could.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for appreciating. I believe with earnest feelings, words tend to flow easily.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If earnest feelings were all that was needed, I would have been able to atleast sketch something with words. But no luck there. I sometimes feel I am like a black-hole sucking everything from around me and not giving anything back. So ungiving, so unyielding that like a black-hole my existence is indistinguishable from the darkness that surrounds me. Its like being non-existent.
    I personally believe it requires something really unique in one's soul. A certain courage in one's spirit. To let down your mask and let your feeling flow earnestly. I think you are blessed. And I hope words will always keep flowing from your soul and light up the lives of those fortunate enough to be around you.

    ReplyDelete

 The last time, in a very long time,  I was filled with awe,  was when I witnessed pure joy. The innocent cry  of a four years old  calling ...